- This event has passed.
Columbia Basin Tree Fruit Club – July 23
July 23, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Because we love to be outside at this time of the year, our next meeting will be a Field day at the WSU Roza research farm to show several ongoing research projects and meet with researchers working on tree fruit solutions for our industry.
The discussions and demonstrations will include:
- Prashant Swamy with an update on Powdery Mildew and fungicide resistance.
- Scott Harper will guide us in the search and current strategies to manage Little Cherry disease.
- Per McCord, Stone fruit breeder to talk about the sweet cherry breeding program.
- Matt Whiting to talking about modern sweet cherry systems.
- Troy Peters showing us how to utilize the WSU irrigation scheduler for adequate water management.
- Gwen Hoheisel will describe the Solid Set Canopy Delivery System.
- Rakesh Ranjan is going to show us the apple Fruit Surface Temperature monitoring technology.
- and Ines Hanrahan and I will talk about our Cosmic crisp block, fruit quality, show the effects of hedging and not hedging, root growth differences, green spot and more.
Once you enter the WSU Roza farm, please go directly to the Cosmic block where there is plenty of parking space. Follow the speed limit and respect the signs!
You are welcome to join us for drinks and dinner at Jeremy’s (not hosted!).
Hope to see you all,
Bernardita Sallato, WSU Extension
Columbia Tree Fruit Club