- This event has passed.
MCAREC Cherry Day & Research Symposium
February 2, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
Please join us for the Mid-Columbia Cherry Day & MCAREC Sweet Cherry Research Symposium with presentations and discussions by OSU, WSU, MSU researchers and extension specialist. hosted and sponsored by the Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers, MCAREC, and Wasco County Extension, with refreshements provided by Brandt’s Fruit Trees and lunch by Wilson Orchard & Vineyard Supplies.
Agenda (download full agenda)
Morning Session: Mid-Columbia Cherry Day
– Evolution of Precision Orchard Systems
– The Cost of Producing High Quality Cherries in North Central Oregon
– Oregon Cherry Virus Survey
– CGFG Outstanding Cooperator of the Year Award
– New Realities for Cherry Orchards: A Panel Discusion
– Sweet Cherry Training Systems Time to Put on Your 2D Glasses?
– Enhancing the Orchard Ecosystem of the Future
– How Mechanization Will Enhance Orchard Efficiencies and Profitability
– How Changes in the Orchard System of the Future Will Change the Orchard Economics
Afternoon Session: Cherry Research Symposium & MCAREC Update
– Introduction to the MCAREC Research Symposium
– MCAREC Update
– Ensuring Long-Distance Ocean Shipping Arrival Quality
– Managing Acclimation, Hardiness and Bacterial Canker
– Sweet Cherry Research Projects
– Cherry Research at WSU