- This event has passed.
Next Generation Tree Fruit Network Event: DRONES
September 21, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join the Next Generation Tree Fruit Network for an opportunity to explore the use of drones in tree fruit production.
- Lav Khot, WSU will demonstrate drone platforms and integrated optical sensors.
- Betsy Beers, WSU will explain the sterile codling moth release experimental project.
- Nathan Moses-Gonzales, M3 Consulting will do a flight of the Unmanned Arial System demonstrating a sterile codling moth release with an interactive hands on demonstration where participants can fly a small system.
September 21, 2018 at 3:00-5:00 pm
WSU Sunrise Research Orchard, 75 Sunrise Lane, Rock Island, WA
- Lav Khot is Assistant Professor of Precision Agriculture at WSU, CPAAS/IAREC, Prosser, WA.
- Nathan Moses-Gonzales is the Chief Executive Officer of M3 Consulting Group and works on wide array of Unmanned Aircraft Systems applications both domestically and Internationally.
- Betsy Beers is a Professor of Entomology with WSU based in Wenatchee, WA, Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center.
Speakers will demonstrate drones followed by lively discussion.
Please rsvp so we have an idea on numbers here https://ngnseptdrones.eventbrite.com
Next Generation Tree Fruit Network: Supporting the Future Faces of Farming. We offer educational opportunities for Young and Next Generation Growers, Managers & Field staff.
Thank you sponsors: North Central Washington Fieldmen’s Association.