- This event has passed.
Taiwan and China Apple Export Training
August 11, 2015 - August 19, 2015Free
Apple Exports to Taiwan: Orchard & Bin Sampling Protocols + Cull Cutter Certification
& China Export Sampling
Taiwan: Training is mandatory for people who do not have a Pest Consultant’s license (PCO) or Commercial Applicator’s license. Those without either license must attend training to perform orchard or field bin sampling. Training should be repeated every two (2) years. People who attended training last summer (2014) are not required to attend, but refresher attendance is strongly advised by NHC and USDA/APHIS to keep you apprised of any work plan changes. Anyone with a license, but unfamiliar with the Taiwan protocol is advised to attend training. Certified cull cutters may perform field bin sampling if informed of bin sampling protocols. Official forms must be used for all phases of the work plan. You can download the instructions and forms here.
China: A new export work plan for exporting apples to China goes into affect with the 2015 crop apples. (Residual 2014 apples still must function under the previous plan.) All facilities wishing to export to China must have 2 trained cutters. Since the plan changed from last year, retraining is required. The new, simplified procedures will be covered at the training sessions listed below.
The schedule for this years field/bin/cull cutter combined training sessions has been scheduled. If you cannot attend any of these sessions and need to be trainined, here are your options:
1) You just need field/bin sample training: contact Wendy Jones by email: email@example.com or call her at 509-663-8181 x260; you will need to schedule a time to go to Wenatchee for this training.
2) You need bin/cull cutter training/certification: You will need to contact WSDA for this training.
Cull Cutter Certification
Orchard & Bin Sampling training does not replace Cull Cutter Certification – Re-certification of cull cutters is requested by WSDA for a minimum of 2 cutters per facility every other year. (Sessions last between 1.5 to 2 hours depending on number of attendees.)
- 11 am Tuesday, August 11th – WSU-IAREC conf. rm., 24106 N Bunn Rd., Prosser, WA 99350 map
- 11 am Wednesday, August 12th – WSDA classroom, 21N 1st Ave., Yakima, WA 98901 map
- 11 am Friday, August 14th – WSU-TFREC conf. rm., 1100 N Western Ave., Wenatchee, WA 98801 map
- 10 am Tuesday, August 18th – Star Ranch/Custom Packers, 1701 F St., Quincy, WA 98848 map
- 10:30 am Wednesday, August 19th – Gebbers Farms C-line lunch rm., 25985 Highway 97, Brewster, WA 98812 map