- This event has passed.
WA 38 and Cherry Field Day – Prosser
June 1, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for:
WA 38 horticultural recommendations:
- See the impact of pruning and training strategies on the canopy.
- See a demonstration of mechanical pruning.
WA 38 Storage Evaluations:
- Review the results of storage evaluations.
- See how last year’s heat effected fruit quality.
- See and taste fruit MCP-treated and non-treated.
- Fruit from two locations with different soils.
- demo/discussion of mechanical pruning in sweet cherry
- discussion of precision pollination research in sweet cherry, apple, pear
- discussion (perhaps demo) of using UAVs for rain water removal in sweet cherry
WSU ROZA Orchard, 53002 N. Crosby Rd., Prosser, WA 99350 United States
Take N Gap Road North from Prosser, Turn East (right) onto King Tull Rd. Turn left (north) onto Hinzerling, then turn right (east) onto McCready. Follow McCready until Crosby Rd. Turn left (north) onto Crosby Rd. Follow N Crosby Rd crossing over Hanks and then Evans Rd. The WSU ROZA Farm will be on your right between Evans and W Kuhlman Rd.
Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center (509) 663-8181
Ines Harahan < Hanrahan@treefruitresearch.com > Karen Lewis < email@example.com>, Stefano Musacchi<firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tom Auvil <email@example.com>, Kate Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>