Tree Fruit Economics
Washington State is blessed by climate as one of the top tree fruit producing regions in the world. Washington growers feed consumer demand in not only the United States, but also in export markets throughout the World. However, the world market for tree fruits is highly competitive. Effective economic knowledge is integral to both the Washington growers’ profitabilty and consumers’ satisfaction. WSU’s Tree Fruit Economics website has several publications relating to the costs of establishing and maintaining orchards, market price analytics, enterprise budgets, the cost of organic production and a host of other related topics. The Crop Enterprise Budgets page has additional resources and tools.
Primary Resource Links for Tree Fruit Economics
Recent Publications in Tree Fruit Economics Sorted by Tree Crop
(Visit the Enterprise Budget website for most current listings.)
- Sweet Cherry
Additional Resource Links:
- USDA Market News, webpage. (Accessed: 1/19/17).
- Fruits & Vegetable Market News (administered by the Agricultural Marketing Service – AMS), webpage. (Accessed: 1/19/17).
- Market News Video (tools & resources offered by USDA’s Market News) (Accessed: 1/19/17).
- USDA Blog Post, webpage. (Accessed: 1/19/17).
- Market News Infographic (100 yrs of Market News), webpage. (Accessed: 1/19/17).
- Crop load management and the market profitability of ‘Honeycrisp’ apples, R. K. Gallardo, et al., HortTechnology, 25(4), August, 2015.