WA 38 Spring Field Days
Thursday April 7, 2016
10:00 to 11:30 am WSU ROZA Orchard
3:00 to 4:30 pm WSU Sunrise Orchard
For growers planning to plant the eye catching, crisp and juicy (WA38) this is your opportunity to learn current horticulture recommendations.
Join us at one or both locations in order to compare the bloom.
- See what the trees and bloom look like in spring.
- Discover the top things we have learned from this trial.
- Learn management recommendations including planting distance, vigor control, pruning, and managing bloom for sufficient fruit.
Coming up soon: Watch tree fruit events for opportunities to taste fruit and visit the Cosmic Crisp blocks in June and September.
Next Generation Tree Fruit – Orchard Systems Field Day REGISTER HERE
April 28, 2016 3:00-5pm
Gores Orchard 408 Highway 150 Chelan WA
Join us for a discussion of orchard systems and establishment. Mark Gores will show us various V trellis, super spindle and multi-leader systems. Be ready to discuss pre-plant establishment, trellis types, plant in place vs finished tree, grafting projects and pluses and minuses of different systems.
Who Should Come: Young and Next Generation Growers, Managers & Field staff
We will discuss:
- Orchard Systems
- Pre-plant establishment
- Tree spacing
- Trellis systems
- Plant in place vs finished tree
- Grafting projects
- +/- of different systems.
- What makes a system work and not work for you.
Format & Registration: To facilitate discussion this field day will be limited to 35 people. Please register to save your spot and let me know if you are not able to come so we can open up your spot to other interested individuals. Rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org or REGISTER HERE