General Description: Assist post-harvest biology scientists in laboratories. Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment, monitor experiments, make observations, and calculate and record results.
- Conduct research or assist in the conduct of research, including the collection of information and samples, such as fruit, plants, and plant material.
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings.
- Keep detailed logs of all work-related activities.
- Use computers, computer-interfaced equipment, robotics or high-technology industrial applications to perform work duties. • Clean, maintain and prepare supplies and work areas.
- Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory and field equipment.
- Measure or weigh compounds and solutions for use in testing.
- Isolate, identify and prepare samples.
- Conduct standardized biochemical tests and laboratory analyses to evaluate the quantity or quality of fruit samples
TYPICAL EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION GUIDELINES:
- B.S. in plant physiology, horticulture, or related field. M.S. in pre/post-harvest biology, horticulture, or related field is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of standard office computer programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Solid and positive inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize
- Working knowledge of general laboratory techniques and equipment including fruit quality/maturity analyses.
- Knowledge of agriculture, tree fruit production, and post-harvest processes desired.
- Ability to learn new techniques and instrumentation.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Solid mathematical skills required.
- Strong logical and scientific abilities.
Visit online at: Pace International Carrer Opportunities
Nobuko Sugimoto, Ph.D.
Pace International, LLC
5661 Branch Road, Wapato, WA 98951