WTFRC Research Reports
- Implementation and evaluation of apple pollen tube growth models, 2015.
- Management of vegetative growth in apple trees with bioregulators, 2012.
- Crop load and canopy management of apple, 2011.
- Mechanized thinning for labor efficient tree fruit crop load management, 2011.
- 3D Machine vision for improved apple crop load estimation
- Innovative technologies for thinning fruit trees
- Mechanical pruning in apple, sweet cherry, and pear
- Chemical thinning, Crop Protection Guide for Tree Fruits in WA, EB0419, 2016.
- Bioregulator sprays, Crop Protection Guide for Tree Fruits in WA, EB0419, 2016.
- Pollination of fruit trees, WSU, Spokane County Extension, factsheet #C105, (pdf download), 2005.
- How to use the pollen tube growth model, J. McFerson, K. Larson, H. Schell, and A. Zediker, pdf, 2014.
- Making money through tree canopy management: Crop load, fruit size, return bloom & fruit finish, T. Schmidt, WSHA Annual Mtg., 2011.
- Precision crop load management, T. Robinson, Cornell University, Good Fruit Grower, May, 2015.
- Apple fruit thinning, eXtension, T. Robinson, Cornell University, webpage, 2013. (Accessed 1/19/17).
- A model for apple thinning, R. Lehnert, Good Fruit Grower, (Carbohydrate model-Alan Lakso, Cornell), March, 2015.
- Take the guesswork out of thinning, G. Warner, Good Fruit Grower, (pollen tube growth model, Virgina Tech., AgWeatherNet), March, 2015.
- Precision pollination, M. Hansen, Good Fruit Grower, March, 2015.
- Stress-free thinning, P. Schwallier and A. Irish Brown, Good Fruit Grower, March, 2015.
- Use precision cropload management tools to target apple crop load, P. Schwallier and A. Irish-Brown, MSU, Fruit Growers News, April, 2015.
- An in-depth look at bloom, J. Schupp and T. Kon, Growing Produce, March, 2015.
- A strategy for precision crop load management in apples, B. Sparks, Growing Produce, January, 2014.
- Take the stress out of thinning apple trees, R. Jones, Growing Produce, (lists tools and models for thinning), May, 2014.
- Thinning apples with more confidence, R. Lehnert, Good Fruit Grower, May, 2014.
- Adjust Honeycrisp crop early, G. Warner, Good Fruit Grower, January, 2014.
- Protecting your high-value crop, M. Hansen, Good Fruit Grower, March, 2014.
- Protecting your investment, D. Layne, American/Western Fruit Grower, Sept./Oct., 2013.
- Thin ,Thin, Thin! R. Lehnert, Good Fruit Grower, April, 2013.
- Precision crop load management, T. Robinson, et al., New York Fruit Quarterly, 21(2), Summer, 2013.
- Tools growers should be using, M. Hansen, Good Fruit Grower, March, 2012.
- Crop load management and the market profitability of ‘Honeycrisp’ apples, R. K. Gallardo, et al., HortTechnology, 25(4), August, 2015.
- Thinning tall spindle apple based on estimations made with a hand-thinning gauge, T. Kon and J. Schupp, HortTechnology, 23(6), December, 2013.
- Development of a fruitlet growth model to predict thinner response on apples, D. Greene, et al., HortScience 48: 584-587, May, 2013.
- Successful blossom thinning and crop load regulation for organic apple growing with potassium-bi-carbonate (Armicarb®): Results of field experiments over 3 years with 11 cultivars, F.P. Weibel, et al., Europ. J. Hort. Sci., 77(4), p.145-153, 2012.