Presentations & Videos
- Pruning Apple Trees: Basic Concepts WSU Extension, videos (English and Spanish).
- Horticultural systems and practices to facilitate mechanization in apples and pears, S. Musacchi (WSU-TFREC), presentation, WSHA annual meeting, 2014.
- Training and pruning your home orchard, J. Olsen (OSU), PNW 400, revised 2011.
- Guidelines on Pruning ‘Manchurian’ Crabapple for fruit rot control, C. Xiao (USDA-ARS), Y. R. Kim Pace Intl.), W. E. Jones (WSU), factsheet, 2014.
- WA 38 Horticulture: Characteristics and Preliminary Results. Spring Field Day Event Report, 2016.
- WA 38 rootstock and systems trial. K. Evans, S. Musacchi, K. Lewis (WSU), WTFRC report, 2013.
- Fruiting wall concept expands: 2014 IFTA Italy, R. Lehnert, Good Fruit Grower, February, 2015.
- Growing fruit without branches, B. van den Ende, Good Fruit Grower, February, 2015.
- Which is better for growing apples, angled or upright? G. Warner, Good Fruit Grower, April, 2014.
- Techniques & benefits of a fruit wall, R. Lehnert, Good Fruit Grower, January, 2014.
- Spreading shoots of young apple trees, B. van den Ende, Good Fruit Grower, April, 2014.
- Managing crab apple diseases, M. Hansen, Good Fruit Grower, February, 2014.
- Adjust Honeycrisp crop early, G. Warner, Good Fruit Grower, January, 2014.
- Honeycrisp: Grow it, then crop it, G. Warner, Good Fruit Grower, 2014.
- The five most common mistakes (vertical and V-trellis systems), M. Hansen, Good Fruit Grower, 2014.
- Pruning high-density orchards, T. Robinson (Cornell University), Fruit Growers News, 2011.
- Identification of pruning branches in tall spindle apple trees for automated pruning, M. Karkee, et. al., Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2012.