- This event has passed.
2015 WSU Fruit School
November 17, 2015 - November 18, 2015$160
We have designed this fruit school to present the current science of physiology. We encourage participation of industry members who need a refresher and those where this is their first exposure to the topic. We hope by offering simultaneous English – Spanish translation* that a broad audience participates.
*Minimum requirement of five Spanish attendees per location for translation services to be provides. Spanish translation will not be available at the Hood River location.
The fruit school originates from Wenatchee at the CTC. The Hood River, Yakima and Richland locations will be delivered live and will allow interaction during the Q and A sessions.
Pre-registration is required. All Sessions are Sold Out!
You must designate your location and English/Spanish preference at registration.
Breaks, lunches and proceedings for both days are included in the registration fee.
Four Workshop Locations –
- Hood River: Pine Grove Grange Hall, 2835 Van Horn Dr., Hood River, OR (no Spanish translation at this location) – full – Closed!
- Richland: WSU Tri-Cities CIC Rooms, 2770 Crimson Way, Richland, WA – full – Closed!
- Yakima: WSU Yakima Co. Extension, 2403 S 18th Street, Suite 100, Union Gap, WA – full – Closed!
- Wenatchee: Confluence Technology Center, 285 Technology Center Way, #102, Wenatchee, WA – full – Closed!
You must attend the session location for which you signed up.
- Session I: Pome Fruit Physiology 101
- Session II: The Dynamic of Nutrient & Water Relations and Importance of Roots in Modern Orchard Systems
- Session III: Manipulation of Tree Growth with Pruning & Plant Growth Regulators
- Session IV: Stress Physiology: The Good and the Bad
- Session V: Physiology of Fruit Maturation and Quality