- This event has passed.
Hood River Winter Hort Meeting
February 10, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 3:45 pmFree
Please join OSU Extension and the Oregon Horticultural Society for this year’s Winter Horticultural Meeting.
Agenda (download full agenda)
– Fall and Summer Pruning to Control Vigor and Psylla in Anjou Pear
– Evaluating Fruit Quality and Maturity in Large Open Vase-Trained ‘D’Anjou’ Trees
– Pear Research Program Update
– New Irrigation Water Management Training Opportunities for Growers & Spanish Speakers
– Effect of Harvista on On-tree Maturation and Storability of Bartlett and Anjou Pears
– The Pear Harvest Prediction Model Unpacked
– Pear Bureau Northwest Promotion Program Update
– MCAREC Administrative Update
– Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers Elections and Updates
– Managing Pear Psylla: Past, Present, and Future
– Natural Enemy Monitoring in Pear IPM
– Monitoring and Management of Brown Marmorated Stink Bug in Pacific Northwest Orchard Crops
– Update of Fire Blight Management Practices
– Airblast Sprayer Optimization
Thank You Sponsors!
Bryant Pipe & Supply, CenterPointe Community Bank, Chamberlin Distributing, ￼ Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers, Columbia Reach Pack, Diamond Fruit, Duckwall-Pooley Fruit, GS Long, Hood River County Farm Bureau, Hood River Supply, NW Farm Credit Services, Oregon Horticultural Society, Sheppard’s, Stadelman Fruit,Underwood Fruit, Valley Ag Service, Western Ag Improvement, Wilbur-Ellis, and Wilson Orchard & Vineyard Supply.