- This event has passed.
Spotted Wing Drosophila Webinar
April 12, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pmFree
All-Seasons Approach to Monitoring & Managing Spotted Wing Drosophila Webinar
April 12, 2016 | 10am – 11:30am PST | Attend Online Anywhere
Soft fruit growers: Attend to add monitoring, prevention, and cultural methods to your management plan!
The webinar will be organized by each of the four seasons, demonstrating what’s happening in the life cycle of SWD, and effective techniques to monitor and reduce populations.
Register at: http://www.pesticide.org/swd_webinar_2016
All-Seasons Approach to Monitoring and Managing Spotted Wing Drosophila AMY J. DREVES, OSU
- SWD Identification, Monitoring, and Life Biology
- Crop Stages and the Non-Crop Landscape – SWD Cycle and Habitat Use by Season
- Management Tools and Practice by Season
Whole-Farm Revenue Insurance GEORGE HARRIS, Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Learn about a crop insurance program that provides a new opportunity for specialty crop and diversified farms to secure coverage
Minimizing Pesticide Risk AMY J. DREVES, OSU and SHARON SELVAGGIO, NCAP
- Learn about minimum residue limit requirements for selected export countries and about required pesticide buffers along salmon-bearing streams
Followed by Question/Answer Session
A Spanish translation of the webinar will be available online by early summer at pesticide.org.