- This event has passed.
Why isn’t fruit set perfect in cherry and pear? Polllinator Health Webinar Part 1
January 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join me for two exciting pollinator health webinars featuring Dr. Andony Melathopoulos, Assistant Professor of Pollinator Health and Dr. Chris Adams, MCAREC Entomologist. One ODA pesticide credit is available for each webinar.
You must register for each webinar individually. This is the first of the two webinars. See the second one here.
- Implement strategies for overcoming pollen incompatible
- Pollinizer selection
- Pollen inserts
- Using bees to move pollen around more efficiently
- Honey bee stocking rate (and surrounding competing bloom)
- Being able to judge colony strength from flight entrance counts
- Does colony placement matter?
- What about orchard mason bees – what’s involved with them?
- Knowing what conditions and what varieties experience ovule senescence and pollination strategies
- Steps to make sure your bees arrive on time
- Using plant growth regulators at bloom
Register in advance for this webinar:
Contact me for more information:
Ashley A. Thompson PhD
Oregon State University – Fruit Tree Extension Wasco and Hood River Counties
Office: (541) 296-5494 — Mobile: (541) 526-5589
400 E. Scenic Drive, The Dalles, Oregon 97058