WSU Postharvest Fruit School
March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 22 @ 5:00 pm$40 - $130
The 2018 Postharvest Fruit School is an excellent opportunity for warehouse and other professionals in the tree fruit and berry industries to deepen and develop their knowledge of post-harvest science and management with lectures, expert panels, demonstrations, and tours.
The speaker line-up will include regional, national, and international experts. The meeting is being organized by WSU Extension and the Washington Tree Fruit Research Commission.
Visit the Postharvest Fruit School page for detailed information and registration link. Registration opens Nov. 9th
2 days of lectures & 1 day of tours
Day 1: Postharvest principles of quality, storage, handling, organics, and pathology
Day 2: Individual topical sessions on apples or berries (morning), and cherries or pears (afternoon)
Day 3: Warehouse tours (either in Wenatchee or Prosser/Yakima depending on your session location; tickets purchased separately from fruit school)
- Two-day workshop live-streamed between Wenatchee & Prosser, WA + special berry session live-streamed to Lynden, WA.
- One-day warehouse tours in Wenatchee or Prosser/Yakima areas
Wenatchee: Confluence Technology Center
Prosser: Walter Clore Wine & Culinary Center
Lynden: Mt. Baker Rotary building in the Northwest WA Fair & Event Center (this location is for Day 2 berry session only)
- Full Workshop: $130 (both Day 1&2 sessions)
- Day 3 Tour: $90 (not included in price above)
- Day 1 Networking Dinner: $50
- Berry-only session: $40 (Day 2 morning session only)
- Full explanation on registration page
Visit the Postharvest Fruit School page for details and updates or please contact the organizers for more information.
Rob Blakey – email@example.com
Ines Hanrahan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Gwen Hoheisel – email@example.com