Download the Advertisement
The WA Tree Fruit Research Commission is a grower-funded commodity organization with a mission to identify and support the research and industry service needs of the Washington tree fruit industry. The WTFRC board includes appointments made by the Washington State Fruit Commission, the Washington Apple Commission, and the Washington Director of Agriculture. Commissioners are active fruit growers or have a substantial interest in the production of tree fruit. Additionally, the WA Tree Fruit Research Commission manages the research program funded by the Fresh Pear Committee and Processed Pear Committee, both federal marketing orders representing pear growers in Oregon and Washington.
The WA Tree Fruit Research Commission is seeking a Human Resource Consultant to fill a crucial role on our team. The consultant will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the duties below:
- Assist in development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures
- Ensuring accurate completion and submission of new personnel hires
- Advise and implement state records retention schedules
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 4-year college degree in human resources or related field.
- Well-developed skills in written oral and electronic communications.
- Strong and current knowledge of state and federal hiring law.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience in federal, state, or local government reporting and hiring highly desired. Knowledge of or interest in the local tree fruit industry.
This position would be a non-benefitted contracted hourly position for approximately 10-15 hours per month at $30 – $46/ hour. The successful candidate may reside in either the Wenatchee or Yakima area. Information on the WA Tree Fruit Research Commission is available at www.treefruitresearch.org.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME AND REFERENCES VIA MAIL OR EMAIL TO:
Dr. Ines Hanrahan, Executive Director
WA Tree Fruit Research Commission
105 S. 18th Street
Yakima, WA 98901