Pear Day – North Central Washington Tree Fruit Days
January 16, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Join WSU Extension for the latest research-based information. 3 WSDA and ODA pesticide update credits pending approval. Hybrid In-person and Virtual event. Co-Sponsor Pear Bureau Northwest.
North Central Washington Tree Fruit Days
Join us for WSU Tree Fruit Extension Programs in North Central Washington. Co-sponsored by Northwest Cherries, Pear Bureau Northwest, NCW Fieldmen’s Association, Chelan Future Farmers of America and the Okanogan Horticultural Association. These events provide the latest research-based information on horticulture, pest and disease management. We hope you will join us to network and learn this winter. Apple, Pear and Cherry Day will be held in Wenatchee, WA January 16-18, 2024 with a virtual webinar option. Okanogan Horticultural Day TBD.
Events in 2024 will be held in person with a virtual option through zoom webinars for Apple, Pear and Stone Fruit Days.
Pear Day Topics
Session 1: Pest and Disease Management
- Managing Mites in Pears
- Phenology-based Pear IPM Panel
- Scouting and Thresholds Panel
- Honeydew Washing Panel
Session 2: Preventing Pathogens
- Fire Blight Management in Pears
Session 3: Production, Quality and Profits
- High Density Pears Panel
3 pesticide update credits will be available per day with WSDA and ODA approval.
Registration is required for virtual webinar attendance. In person attendees are welcome to register to have a back-up attendance method through the webinar link. Walk-ins okay for in person participation. Registration coming soon.
Join us for the sponsored networking lunch which provides an opportunity to learn and network with your peers and visiting speakers. Sponsored lunch limited to the first 100 attendees per day. Registration coming soon.
To join the tradeshow please contact the NCW Fieldmen’s association at firstname.lastname@example.org
WSDA and ODA pesticide update credits have been approved for the workshop. To receive credits for online attendance, participants must:
- Register each participant including pesticide license information. Make sure registrant name matches name on license.
- Attend the full morning session. The webinar software tracks the number of minutes each attendee has participation. 3 credit sessions require 150 minutes of pesticide related content.
- Respond to poll questions and check-ins during the workshop.
Common Zoom Problems and Trouble Shooting
- Cannot enter the webinar.
- Early? If you are early you will receive a message that the meeting has not started yet. Just wait and we will have webinar open soon.
- Enter the passcode: you can attend the meeting without a zoom account, but you have to enter the passcode to get in. Passcode: 1111.
- All online participants will be required to have a zoom account to sign in due to WSU security policies. Go to https://zoom.us/ to sign up (free) and don’t forget to check your email to confirm. Please make sure to sign in early and check that zoom is working for you and that recent updates have been downloaded.
- No sound
- Check your audio settings in zoom. Click on the up arrow close to the microphone icon at the bottom of your screen. Choose audio settings and check that you have the correct speaker and microphone checked.
- Check your audio in your computer settings.
- Still having trouble. Call (509) 293-8792. Note these phone numbers will be forwarded to volunteers during the hour before and after the webinar starts as Tianna will be running the meeting.
- Can I have multiple people watching on one computer? The webinar host can only verify attendance for each logged in participant. If it is not possible for each participant to login separately, please contact Tianna (509) 713-5346 in advance to designate a host for your site who can verify attendance.